As the assistant director for exhibitions and collections, Jeanette Fausz oversees the museum’s departments of exhibitions, design, conservation, registration, and installation. At the Saint Louis Art Museum since 1991, Fausz has worked in both museum registration and exhibitions.
During her time at the museum, she has served in a sequence of roles of increasing responsibility in the areas of museum registration and exhibitions, including director of exhibitions and head registrar. During the construction and installation of the museum’s David Chipperfield-designed East Building, Fausz served on the museum’s implementation team and supervised the installation of 71 galleries and nearly 2,000 works of art throughout the museum’s newly renovated campus.
Fausz received an undergraduate degree from St. Mary’s College of Maryland and completed graduate work at the College of William and Mary. She also has served an Advisory Panelist for the Arts and Artifacts Indemnity Program of the National Endowment for the Arts, which helps support exhibition programs throughout the country.
Notable media appearances and mentions
- St. Louis Art Museum’s sculpture garden takes shape (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 26, 2015)
- How do you move a 3,600-pound sculpture? (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 21, 2015)
- Art museum registrar goes out of the galleries, into the mud (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 28, 2013)
- St. Louis Art Museum unveils expansion; public debut in June (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Dec. 5, 2012)
- Sneak Peek: St. Louis Art Museum Expansion (St. Louis Public Radio, Dec. 4, 2012)