As the director of exhibitions and collections, Jeanette Fausz oversees the museum’s departments of exhibitions, design, conservation, registration, and installation. At the Saint Louis Art Museum since 1991, Fausz has worked in both museum registration and exhibitions.
In 1998, she was appointed as the head of the museum’s first exhibitions department. Fausz has served as registrar and has worked on more than 40 major exhibitions. During the construction and installation of the museum’s David Chipperfield-designed East Building, Fausz served as the museum’s construction project administrator and supervised the installation of 71 galleries and nearly 2000 works of art throughout the museum’s newly renovated campus.
Fausz was educated at St. Mary’s College of Maryland and the College of William and Mary.
Notable media appearances and mentions
- St. Louis Art Museum’s sculpture garden takes shape (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 26, 2015)
- How do you move a 3,600-pound sculpture? (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 21, 2015)
- Art museum registrar goes out of the galleries, into the mud (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, June 28, 2013)
- St. Louis Art Museum unveils expansion; public debut in June (The St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Dec. 5, 2012)
- Sneak Peek: St. Louis Art Museum Expansion (St. Louis Public Radio, Dec. 4, 2012)